As I was in Denver taking in 10 full days of lacrosse, everything was happening so quick and it become a blur. Upon reflection I realized I witnessed some great things players, coaches, games and the untouchable. So please enjoy my Top 10 of the 2014 World Championships.
10 - The $300,000 cars for sale that littered the park - Impulse buy perhaps?
9. - The number of referees needed for the tourney - During weather delays the press box was like being in the Zebra exhibit at the Denver Zoo!
8. - The weather! - Man, I got hit in the head with nickel sized hail ..... I heard "We are in a weather red situation take cover" more times than I would like to count!
7. - Paul Carcaterra's Fluorescent Green Sneakers! - "We are in a weather red situation please follow the beacon of light thrown off by Carc's Sneaks.
6. - The Aussie Fans - They were the greatest - songs, cheers, razzing, dancing Kangaroo, Crazy farm guy and two inflatable roos. Definitely voted #1 fan contingent!
5. - The Iroquois Mystique! The Merchandise, the tradition, the Thompson's (All five), the fans, their entrance each game and the Howl after each goal scored.
4. - The First Uganda Goal - the crowd eruption was deafening, the excitement of the players was inspiring and the potential historical significance for this Team.
3.- Australia's Callum Robinson - His play impressed a lot of people - we will see him in 2018 and the MLL..WOW!
2. - Team Uganda's first Win! - What more can be said, Hard work pays off!
1. - Team Canada upsetting Team USA for the World Championship - brilliant execution of slow playing a game, they did the only thing that could beat the high flying Americans, KUDOS!!